Wolli Creek is named after the creek at its northern border
The suburb of Wolli Creek is bounded by Wolli Creek in the north, the Cooks River and Marsh Street in the east, a line running between Flora Street and Innesdale Road, Innesdale Road, the Princes Highway and Burrows Street in the south, and Arncliffe Street, Thompson Street and the pipeline in the west.
Settlement of the area dates from 1825 when the first land grants were made, with the land being used mainly for farming. Some growth took place in the post-war years, but population remained minimal until redevelopment during the early 2000s. Rapid population growth occurred between 2001 and 2011 as large numbers of new dwellings were added to the area, with several mixed use projects transforming industrial land use to predominantly residential and commercial land use. This development was spurred by the opening of the Wolli Creek railway station as part of the Airport railway line in 2000. Population increase is expected to continue, due largely to several planned major redevelopments.
Wolli Creek is an industrial, residential and commercial area which is undergoing significant redevelopment.
Major features of the area include Kartatak Raceway, Cahill Park and historic Tempe House.
Close to: Arncliffe Public School, St Francis Xavier's Catholic Primary School, St Dominic Savior School, Al Zahra College, Rockdale Public School, Arncliffe Train Station, Bus Stop, Arncliffe IGA Supermarket & Woolworths Wolli Creek